Friday, July 2, 2010

You Look Just Like Your Mother

I get this a lot. Mostly because it’s true. I do, in fact, look just like my mother. We’re the same height which I’m truly thankful for. There were a few years there where I was the same height as her elbow and I remember getting jabbed in the forehead on many occasions. Evidently I was a little bit of a Velcro kid and my mother made lots of sudden stops. Anywho… we’re the same height, dye our hair basically the same color, laugh the same, and act the same.

Like any child, when people first started telling me I look like my mother, I was annoyed. But as I’ve grown, I realize there is no need to fight the inevitable. Thanks to her, I know exactly what my rear will look like in 30 years and it is fine by me.

The only time this “looking like your mother” thing rears its ugly head is when I start dressing like her. See these feet?
These are my feet in shoes of my choosing. I love flip flops, especially these metallic ones right now. If I had my choice, I’d where these shoes everyday. They’re comfortable and they make me happy.

See these feet?
These are my mothers. Notice that these feet didn’t become hers until I put on these shoes. These are shoes that my sister and I would immediately look at in a store and go “those look like momma.” Then, two days later, we’d go to her house and she’d say “look at my new shoes” and there they’d be. I needed some non-flip-flop sandals for work because it’s summer in Atlanta and my feet are just not feeling dress shoes at this time. According to my boss sandals cannot go between my toes and must have something over the heel. I thought these were soooo cute, until I went to work one day and realized I had on my mother’s feet. I guess copious amounts of Capri pants are in my future now too.

The great thing is… I love my momma and have come to accept taking her feet to work every now and then.
___________________________________________________________________
Sidebar... i'd be remiss if I did not point out that the amazingly adorable pictures of my dogs were taken by Atlanta photographer, Lessia Teh. She's phenomenal. Check out her blog and business at http://www.leesiateh.com/blog/
___________________________________________________________________
Sidebar #2... HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! I'm so proud to live in America and happy to think today of all the brave things our founding fathers and thier families did to declare thier independence so long ago. Now go out and celebrate by grilling meat and drinking beer! (weird country right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment