Friday, December 3, 2010

SEC Football

I started to write a post to try to explain the nuances of Southern College Football. After about 3 pages of rambling about pre-game activities, I realized I had written an epistle and hadn't event made it into the stadium yet. I scrapped that post in favor of a shorter one here...
My favorite thing about college football is the commraderie. Being in a stadium filled with (mostly) like minded fans all cheering for the same fellas is just so much fun. Even when you lose a game, it's still nice to be in the company of friends. At Auburn, we call it the Auburn Family. Though we may be just as dysfunctional as a regular family, I'm proud to call myself a Tiger any day. Try as they might, those football fans outside of the SEC may never truly grasp how serious we take our football down here.
This year, our season tickets were behind a cute little old man and his wife and thier grandson. This man was seriously in his late 70s but he was there every game without fail. He spends about 90% of the game with one finger pointed to the sky reminding Jesus to keep an eye on his Tigers during the game. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. He spends the other 10% attempting to learn to fist-bump is grandson. I'm not sure that he ever nailed that move this season.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Rainey! War Eagle!! Glad I got to enjoy two games with you all and witness that sweet old man in person. Loved his finger toward the sky!!

    Morgan!!

    ReplyDelete